Brand name: Duopect-Forte®
Composition: Natural ivy leaf and Coptis rhizoma extract.
Dosage form: Syrup with cherry and grape flavor.
Strength: Ivy leaf: 13.125mg/5ml and Coptis rhizoma 4.37mg/5ml.
Category: Antitussive, Expectorant and anti-inflammatory.
- Acute and chronic cough roots in common cold or respiratory infections (Antitussive effect).
- Respiratory tract diseases with phlegm and mucous formation (Expectorant effect).
- Upper respiratory tract infection (Anti-inflammatory effect).
- Respiratory functions of children bronchial asthma (broncho-dilation effect).
Administration and Dosage:
Under 2 year: 2.5 ml three times a day.
2 to 6 year: 5 ml three times a day.
7 to 14 year: 10 ml three times a day.
Over 15 year: 15ml three times a day
If you have hypersensitivity to the active substance or to the plants of the family of Araliaceae.
Consult your doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner before taking this medicine if:
- You have gastritis or gastric ulcers (stomach ulcer)
- You are already taking antitussives such as codeine or dextromethorphan to stop coughing.
- You have difficulty breathing, have a fever or bloody phlegm.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
The safety of this product during pregnancy and breast-feeding has not been established, therefore the use of this product during pregnancy and breast-feeding is not recommended.
Allergic reactions, such as skin rash, red itchy skin and shortness of breath, gastrointestinal disorders such as nausea, vomiting and diarrhea have been reported.
The frequency is not known.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist or qualified healthcare professional.
Storage: Store under 30°C.
Package: A bottle of syrup of 120ml.
Manufacturer: Formulated in Korea/packed in Iran.